To assign your Ticket to ERI PLUS you must be:
- employed with a goal to end your Social Security cash benefits.
- eligible for SSDI or SSI payments (even if you currently do not receive a payment).
- able to meet earnings requirements.
ERI PLUS offers Ticket holders:
Benefits planning and assistance to help manage changing benefit and health insurance issues. We will help you:
- navigate the complex Social Security, healthcare, and other public benefit systems. This may include a benefits analysis, work incentives planning, information and referral, navigation with various benefits agencies, etc.
- learn best ways to avoid problems and report income to Social Security and other agencies,
- get accurate, current information about the status of your work incentives – such as the Trial Work Period and Extended Period of Eligibility,
- keep your benefit records up-to-date with Social Security,
- stay connected to needed services and supports while you are working.
Career and employment counseling to help address barriers and explore or advance employment opportunities. Examples include:
- sharing self-advocacy strategies to help you communicate employment concerns and goals,
- connecting you to tools and information to assist in career and employment planning,
- providing support with job conflicts, job stress, job loss and career transition,
- assisting with disability issues including disability disclosure and requesting reasonable accommodations,
- coaching in job search strategies and skills such as networking, effective resumes, interviewing, and labor market trends.
Connections to a variety of employment and disability related resources.
Ticket to Work Articles
In general, finding a job can be challenging for someone with a disability. For example, the Bureau of Labor Statistics …
Sometimes by reading about the struggles of others and how they learned to face health challenges and achieve goals, provides …